Tuesday 14 December 2010

Artists

The artists that I would like to have in my magazine are people like Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Rihanna and Lady Gaga. Even though they wouldn't actually be in my magazine, I would like the model who is going to be featured as the artist in the magazine to have the same music taste. 

Katy Perry 
I started to look at Pop Artists, then I remembered Katy Perry's 'California Gurls' video and thought how that resembled so much to the concept of my magazine. I started to research her on the internet and found out that only this year, when she came out with her album 'Teenage Dreams' that her image has totally changed compared to her first album 'One of the Boys'. I really loved the video of 'California Gurls' because it portrayed this make believe world of candy and sweets. Everything was shiny and perfect, even the 'gurls' were styled as these perfect flawless beings that lived in this magical land. She is portrayed as the perfect girl next door as in her lyrics 'We're unforgettable, Daisy dukes, bikinis on top. Sun-kissed skin, so hot, we'll melt your popsicle' that everyone dreams of living next to.




Rihanna 
Another Artist who I really like, I really love the way she has evolved through her career, the older she got, the more we find out about her and through her music. I really liked her video for 'Rude Boy' directed by Melina Matsoukas. It had lots of colour blocking and explosions of colours. I loved this because it again goes with my idea for the magazine, it was really bright and bold. Especially this year, she has changed her hairstyle so many time I can't keep count, and that's what music is about. Reinventing yourself and creating something new, something everyone would like. Thats what Rihanna has done, she has reinvented herself in many ways, by changing the colour of her hair, her style, image and her music. She started off as the semi-girl next door type with long brown hair with her 'S.O.S' and 'Pon De Replay'. Comparing those songs to the ones currently from her album 'LOUD' and the one before that ''Rated R'. It is truly a magnificent change, that is why I like her and her music. It never gets boring, which is why I want my magazine to be like that, I want lots of things to be going on.




1 comment:

  1. AS you seem to like 'pop' look into Pop magzine as well as the Face and ID.

    Although only Pop is strictly pop focused the others have Pop sensibilities.

    ReplyDelete