Friday 25 March 2011

Evaluation - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

In pairs, take a picture of each other holding the kit you have used. This might just be the camera and tripod, and your Macbook but there may be other things you want in the shot.
Drop the image onto your blog and annotate it, adding all the programs and other technology you have used as screengrabs and what you learnt about it/from using it. Your written text need only be minimal. You could include reference to all the online and computer programs you have used such as flickr, blogger, facebook, photoshop, vimeo, scribd, slideshare etc.

School PC's
While at school, I used the school computers which did a very good job of just doing the basics. It was easy to do all my blogs and just use the internet for research etc. But when it came to using photoshop on these computers, I found that at times they can be quite slow and on more than one occasion the program would just freeze and I would end up losing some of the work I had done.

My PC
At home, I have a Dell M501R. I found that working from home was the best way of acheiving the best finish on my magazine. I could download whichever font I had wanted unlike if I were to use photoshop at school, I also found that it never one froze on me and made me lose my work. I made sure that I saved every few minutes to make sure that if anything were to happen I didn't lose the work that I had done.


Camera
The camera that I had used to take my pictures with was a Panasonic Lumix TZ10, I found that this camera was very good for just taking still pictures with my model. Although I did try to take motion shots with my model either jumping or moving to get a varierty of different shots, the pictures turned out not as clear as I thought it would be.






Photoshop
The photoshop that I have at home is CS5, I found that this particular version of the software gave me more freedom and effects to play with. By looking at the end result, I think that I couldn't have acheived the final finish of the magazine with using the basic version the school had on their computers which was Photoshop Elements. Although you could do the basics, I thought that by using CS5 it allowed me to go into more detail and do more with the pictures and texts.




Blogger
I have used Blogger as a diary to reocrd what steps I took while creating my magazine, the very first thing I did before making the magazine was make a blog explaining my initial idea about what my magazine was going to be like. I would say that blogger is now easy to use for me, first I didn't understand it but now I find it very easy and useful to use.


Scribd
I had used Scribd to upload my word docuements to the internet and then I embedded it into my blog. This let me use Microsoft Word to put my work into. I thought that it would be a good idea to use other technologies instead of just blogging to show a variety of way in which you could do your work.



Animoto
For my magazine pitch, I created a slide show of pictures and texts to show my class what my magazine was going to be like. Animoto allowed me to create a professional looking video with added sound effects and I found it really easy to actually make the video as all you had to do was just get pictures and put them together and then Animotot would put everything together for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment